- Not all smoke is a danger sign. Check to see if there’s a prescribed fire in your area.
- Keep your cell phone charged when wildfires could be in your area.
- Purchase backup charging devices to power electronics.
- Create a “go bag” ready with essentials such as food, water, valuables and first aid supplies.
- Learn how to create a “clean room” at home.
- Individuals, estates and trusts may claim a subtraction on their Colorado income tax return for certain costs incurred in performing wildfire mitigation measures on their property in a wildland-urban interface area within Colorado.
- The Colorado State Forest Service produces a free newsletter to inform the public about its various programs. Sign up here.